New Features in the 8th Edition
Building on the textbook's successful 7th edition, the 8th edition continues to integrate HTML and CSS topics such as text configuration, color configuration, and page layout with an enhanced focus on the topics of design, accessibility, and Web standards.
Updates for the 8th edition include:
- Updated coverage of HTML5 elements and attributes
- Expanded coverage of responsive web design techniques and CSS media queries
- Expanded coverage of responsive image techniques including the new HTML5 picture element
- Introduction of CSS coding techniques for dynamic menus
- Updated reference sections for HTML5 and CSS
- Additional Hands-On Practice exercises
- A new Case Study
- Updated code samples and web resources
Table of Contents (pdf)
Textbook Links & Additional Information
This textbook companion website has a page for each chapter in the text containing the links for URLs listed in the book, information on emerging trends, additional examples, corrections, and review activities.
Review game and flash card activities are available for each chapter on this website.
Students can use these activities to review concepts and terms. Some instructors use these as group activities in the classroom. They also can be made available for independent student self-assessment activities.
Dr. Morris has a unique combination of years of industry experience in addition to many years teaching technology courses. Her hands-on approach to this topic enables students to become productive quickly. More Author Info
Downloads are available to instructors with exercise solutions, case solutions, PowerPoint presentations, and sample test questions. Contact your Pearson Higher Ed Addison-Wesley representative or visit Pearson Higher Ed Addison-Wesley Publishing for more information.